Full Membership Requirements
(Dues: $365 per year)
- All radiology faculty of an accredited medical school or of an institution with an ACGME-accredited radiology residency or fellowship program, whether or not it is university-based, and faculty or equivalent as determined by the Membership Committee in programs applicable to or related to the radiologic sciences will be eligible for full membership.
- The member or nominee for membership should have a role in the teaching of medical students or residents, fellows or other physicians of health care professionals in patient care related to teaching activities, in research, or in attendant administrative duties.
- Have shown promise or accomplishment in the academic pursuits stated in the purposes of the Association.
Election to Full Membership
- Applications for full membership will be reviewed by the Administrative staff of the Association. When all requirements for membership are fulfilled, the nominee will be recommended for membership.
- When the nominee's application needs further evaluation, the Membership Committee will review nominations for membership and will present its recommendations at the interim meeting of the Board of Directors and at the Board of Directors meeting at the annual meeting of the Association. The chair of the Membership Committee will report an unfavorable review by the Membership Committee to the nominee. The nominee may request the nomination be submitted to the Board of Directors for vote despite the unfavorable recommendation of the Membership Committee, in which case the appropriate documents will be circulated with those of all other nominees. The chair of the Membership Committee will circulate the names of the nominees and their academic associations to all members of the Board of Directors at least one month prior to the annual meeting of the Association and the interim meeting of the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors will elect full members biannually at the annual meeting of the AUR and at the interim meeting of the Board of Directors or by regular mail, electronic mail or by facsimile transmission. The affirmative vote of the Board of Directors will constitute election to full membership.
Privileges of Full Membership
- All full members have voting privileges.
- All full members may serve on committees and as officers of the Association.