Good exam writing is a learned skill. Here are some guidelines for writing good questions:
- NBME Item Writing Guide is at this link. Excellent but long. A shorter version more relevant to radiology-type questions can also be downloaded here.
- ABR guide to item writing can be downloaded here.
- The very short ‘Barebones’ guide for those who like abstracts can be downloaded here.
- Jannette Collins' excellent guide is here.
- Petra Lewis' Writing Effective Multiple Choice Items education video is here.