Educational Publications by AMSER Members
Here are some educational publications by AMSER members. For copyright reasons, only the links are included. We would be delighted to add your publications or any that you think may be helpful to AMSER members to this list. Please email any submissions to the Electronics Committee Chair.
- Lewis PJ and Shaffer K. Developing a National Medical Student Curriculum in Radiology. JACR 2005;2(1): 8-11 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17411753
- Lewis P, Hayward J and Chertoff J. Student interviews for radiology residency: what influences how students rank programs? J Am Coll Radiol 2010;7:439-445
- Lewis P and Chorney, E. Integrating a radiology curriculum into clinical clerkships using Case Oriented Radiology Education (CORE). JACR 2011:e4:58-64
- Lewis P, Cho J, Lines and Tubes Radiology Learning Module. MedEdPORTAL;2011. Available from :http://services.aamc.org/30/mededportal/servlet/s/segment/mededportal/?subid=8399
- Lewis P, Khan R, Krupinski E, Graham JA, and Benodin S. Assessing First Year Radiology Resident Competence Pre-Call: Development and Implementation of a Computer-Based Exam Before and After the 12 Month Training Requirement. Academic Radiology;2012;19(6) 752-758
- Mullins ME. Has the time come for Bibliometrics and the H-Index in Academic Radiology? Academic Radiology 2010; 17: 815-817.
- Mullins, ME, Shaffer K, Lieberman G, and Novelline RA. Factors to Consider in the Revision of Educational Objectives from Medical Students in Radiology Clerkships. Journal of the American College of Radiology (JACR) 2005; 2(1): 55-60.
- Schellingerhout D, Chew FS, Mullins ME, and Gonzalez RG. Projected Radiological Images for Teaching: Balancing Detail with Storage Constraints. Academic Radiology 2002; 9: 157-162.
- Mullins ME, Will M, Mehta A, and Novelline RA. Evaluating Medical Students on Radiology Clerkships in a Filmless Environment: Use of an Electronic Test Prepared from PACS (Patient Archiving and Communication System) and Digital Teaching Collection Images. Academic Radiology 2001; 8: 514-519.
- Mullins ME, Mehta A, Patel H, McLoud TC, and Novelline RA. Impact of PACS (Patient Archiving and Communication System) on Radiology Resident Education: The Residents' Perspective. Academic Radiology 2001; 8: 67-73
- Novelline RA, Scheiner JD, Mehta A, and Mullins ME. Preparing Medical Student for a Filmless Environment; Instruction on the Preparation of Electronic Case Presentations from PACS (Patient Archiving and Communication System). Academic Radiology 2001; 8: 266-268.
- Feigin DS, Magid D, Smirniotopoulos JG, Carbognin SJ. Learning and Retaining Normal Radiographic Chest Anatomy: Does Preclinical Exposure Improve Student Performance? Acad Radiol 2007, 14 (9): 1137-1142, (Winner, Association of University Radiologists Joseph E. and Mary O. Whitley Award in Radiology Education, AUR annual meeting 2007).
- Magid D, Hudson D, Feigin DS. Chest Radiographic Anatomy Retention: The Impact of Preclinical Groundwork on Clinical Recall in Two Schools. Acad Radiol 2009; 16:1443-1447
- Marker DR, Bansal A, Juluru K, Magid D. Developing a Radiology-Based Teaching Approach for Gross Anatomy in the Digital Era. Academic Radiology 2010; 17(8):1057-1065
- Marker DR, Juluru K, Long C, Magid D. Strategic Improvements for Gross Anatomy Web-based Teaching. Anatomy Research International 2012, 9 pgs. )doi1:10.1155/2012/146262.